SPRING HILL FALL FESTIVAL
The Fall Festival proudly presents Spring Hill’s Chili Cook-off.
* Sunday, September 26, 2021
* Set-up: 8:00 am to 10:00 am
* Booths open and public judging: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
* Awards Announcement: 3:00 pm
* FF Provides 10'x10' space
* Chili cooked off-site. Bring ready to heat and serve.
* Teams responsible for heating equipment, serving utensils, etc.
* Teams responsible for maintaining proper food service temperatures.
* Provide minimum of 1 gallon for public judging. Public judging containers will be provided by FF
* Contest judge will turn in container provided by FF
RULES & REGULATIONS:
$25 entry fee. Please make checks payable to “Spring Hill Fall Festival”
Chili is defined as any kind of meat or combination of meats cooked with chili peppers, various other spices and other ingredients.
All ingredients must be pre-cooked & treated prior to the event – chili is to be brought “ready-to-eat”.
Teams must be set-up by 10am.
Contestants are responsible for supplying all their own utensils & products relating to their chili submission and
maintenance of its proper temperature for serving. SPOONS AND CUPS FOR USE IN SERVING THE CHILI TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC WILL BE PROVIDED. A TURN-IN CONTAINER FOR THE JUDGING PORTION OF THE CONTEST WILL ALSO BE PROVIDED.
Each contestant must cook/provide a minimum of 1 gallon of competition chili. Remember – the more you bring, the more members of the public that can vote.
Contestants can be teams or individuals.
Chili will be judged on: (1-5 score for each category)
e. After taste
• 1st - $100
• 2nd - $50
• 3rd - $25
b. Traditional – Red
c. Non-Traditional – white, chicken, etc.
d. People’s Choice
e. Spiciest – afterburn
f. Booth decoration
Deadline for Entry: TBD